Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 to 4 tablespoons sliced pimientos
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed potato chips
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, cream and cream cheese. Cook and stir just until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir in the chicken, mushrooms, pimientos, salt and pepper. Drain spaghetti; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds, Parmesan cheese and chips. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 668 calories, 37g fat (19g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 865mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein .
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole
"This smelled so good when it was on the stove, however when it came out of the oven, it was like soup. Looking at other recipes, it appears the thickening agent was left out. Total waste, dinner was practically unedible."
"Of the four of us, two were so-so and two really liked it. I'll probably make it again."
"This was so so so good. I would minus the almonds. Oh my word! Delightful. Definitely need to find a way to lighten it up. It's so fattening"
"This was very good!!! Definitely a comfort food!!! I basically made it as is, except that I didn't bother toasting the almonds beforehand; instead, I just went ahead and added all the toppings before baking the casserole for 25 minutes... I also left out the mushrooms due to our tastes, and used a bit more onion and celery to compensate for the mushroom's absence. My family LOVED it!!"
"I usually wait until somebody else has reviewed a recipe before i try it out...but in this case it just sounded so good i decided to go ahead and try it. It was a big hit! My husband said to keep this one handy! So i'll definitely be making this again soon! Thanks for submitting this one! It's great!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.