This creamy tetrazzini has been one of my favorite recipes for over 20 years. I always hear, "Yum. Is there any more?" Even overnight guests ask for leftovers the next day! —Amanda Hertz-Crisel, Eagle Point, Oregon
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 to 4 tablespoons sliced pimientos
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed potato chips
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, cream and cream cheese. Cook and stir just until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the chicken, mushrooms, pimientos, salt and pepper. Drain spaghetti; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds, Parmesan cheese and chips. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Tetrazzini in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p63
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review