- Remove bay leaf. In a large saucepan, melt butter; whisk in flour
- until smooth. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until smooth. Gradually
- whisk in remaining broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened.
- Pour into the Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with
- biscuits. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.