- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor; process until coarsely chopped. Use as a sandwich spread or serve on crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Spread
Sort By :
When I submitted this recipe the ingredients included 1/2 c. chopped pecans, not celery. The pecans are what make it Texan! TOH editors substituted the celery.
This one gets raves whenever I serve it. I have used canned chicken successfully, as well as 2 heaping tablespoons of green onions for the onion. The green onions add nice color. I also use a natural seasoned salt called Herbamare
[3/4 tsp.] to kick up the flavor a bit.
Thumbs up on this one! Super easy to make if you have a food processor. I used it as a sandwich filling as a change from the usual chicken salad sandwich.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Quick Appetizers >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Finger Food Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >