Creamy Chicken Salad
I modified the original recipe for this chicken salad to make it healthier. The ingredients are so flavorful that my changes didn't take away from the taste. This refreshing salad never lasts long at our house. Even if I double the recipe, my husband asks, "Why didn't you make more?"
-Kristi Abernathy, Lewistown, Montana
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup cooked small ring pasta
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, pasta, grapes, oranges, celery,
- almonds and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, whipped topping and salt.
- Add to the chicken mixture; stir to coat. Serve in a lettuce-lined
- bowl if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving equals 261 calories, 13 g fat (0 saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 meat, 1/2 fruit.