Creamy Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup cooked small ring pasta
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, pasta, grapes, oranges, celery, almonds and onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, whipped topping and salt. Add to the chicken mixture; stir to coat. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
One 1-cup serving equals 261 calories, 13 g fat (0 saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 meat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.