- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup cooked small ring pasta
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, pasta, grapes, oranges, celery, almonds and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, whipped topping and salt. Add to the chicken mixture; stir to coat. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Salad
"This salad is great! I served it at a ladies' luncheon and it was a great success!"
"My family loved it! Especially good on a hot summer day! :-)"
"Love, love, love it"
"This is one of our favorites. I have been making it since I first saw it in your magazine. It is so cool on a hot day."
"We have been making this for years. I first got the recipe out of taste of home. Lost it and was thrilled to find it again. This is a wonderful salad. Thanks taste of home."