I modified the original recipe for this chicken salad to make it healthier. The ingredients are so flavorful that my changes didn't take away from the taste. This refreshing salad never lasts long at our house. Even if I double the recipe, my husband asks, "Why didn't you make more?" -Kristi Abernathy, Lewistown, Montana
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup cooked small ring pasta
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, pasta, grapes, oranges, celery, almonds and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, whipped topping and salt. Add to the chicken mixture; stir to coat. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review