Creamy Chicken Rice Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen diced cooked chicken, thawed
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, carrot, celery in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, rice, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Rice Soup
Sort By :
"This is really quick and easy. I spiced it up a bit more."
"Doubled recipe.Omitted basil.Omitted pepper. Used cornstarch instead of flour accordingly,used heavy cream instead of evaporated milk.Then added 6 oz pepper jack cheese for a subtle kick.This is a fabulous basic soup recipe!e"
"I added 1/4 tsp of each (thyme, oregano and changed regular pepper to lemon pepper w/dill) . It was delicious and next time I make it I will have to double the recipe and freeze some of it for a cold winter day or when one of us is sick as it makes a good feel good soup."
"I am NOT a cook. But this is so dang ez and so dang yummy. I can't believe I made it twice and am still so proud of myself! Yum yum!!"
"This is my go-to soup when I'm sick. Super easy to make and enough flavor that I can enjoy it even with a cold."