Creamy Chicken-Rice Casserole
Gravy, chicken soup and sour cream make this rich and hearty dish one you’ll want to curl up with. Be prepared to make it often, as it fills ’em up fast and tastes fantastic!
Nancy Foust - Stoneboro, PA
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2-2/3 cups chicken gravy
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover and stir; bake
- 20-25 minutes longer or until bubbly and rice and vegetables are
- tender. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 305 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 790 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,