Creamy Chicken-Rice Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2-2/3 cups chicken gravy
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover and stir; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until bubbly and rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken-Rice Casserole(8)
Sort By :
I really appreciated how this had a different flavor than the typical "cream of chicken soup casserole." I followed the instructions, but added some cheddar cheese to the top after I took the cover off. Delicious. It definitely took me longer than 20 minutes to prepare, but I'm a slow cook.
Haven't made, but plan to do so. I will elimate the olives and add mixed vegetables instead. Maybe a small amount of shredded cheese on top.
I have not tried it yet but it looks good. I could see making it without the rice then cook either rice, butter noodles or mashed potatoes on the side and add this on top. I'm not a big olive fan so mixed veggies would be a good add.
Very delicious!!! I did not put mushrooms in because i don't like them, also only put 2 cups of chicken in & no parsley flakes. Turned out wonderful!
I made this , would not again. No flavor kind of blaned its missing something.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Casseroles >
- Chicken and Rice Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >