Creamy Chicken Primavera Recipe
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 grilled boneless skinless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the red pepper, mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter. Add the cream, basil, chicken and salt; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Serve over pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 602 calories, 57g fat (35g saturated fat), 230mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Primavera
"This was delicious! We don't care for mushrooms so I substituted a cup of frozen peas. I also used a combination of Mexican crema and half-n-half for the whipping cream since that's what I had on hand."
"Great meal and fast! Impressive to serve for company..."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.