Creamy Chicken Primavera Recipe
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 grilled boneless skinless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the red pepper, mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter. Add the cream, basil, chicken and salt; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Serve over pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 602 calories, 57 g fat (35 g saturated fat), 230 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.