Creamy Chicken Primavera Recipe
A creamy homemade sauce seasoned with basil and garlic coats this terrific combination of leftover chicken, pepper strips and pasta. "I love to make this dish...it's fast and easy," reports Lisa Dato of Franklin Park, Illinois.
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 grilled boneless skinless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the red pepper, mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter. Add the cream, basil, chicken and salt; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Serve over pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Primavera in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p34
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Primavera(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >