Creamy Chicken Potpie Recipe
My aunt came up with this recipe, and I tweaked it to fit my family's tastes. I think they like it so much because of the sage—it brings a totally different flavor to the dish. —Lysa Davis, Pine Bluff, Arkansas
- 2 cans (9-3/4 ounces each) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced carrots, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Line two 9-in. pie plates with bottom crusts. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit tops of pies; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry; brush with butter.
- 2. Cover and freeze one potpie for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining potpie at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- 3. To use frozen potpie: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking. Cover edges of crust loosely with foil; place on a baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°; remove foil. Bake 55-60 minutes longer or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 pies (6 servings each).
1 piece equals 459 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 1,173 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Potpie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC