Any time I serve this thick comforting soup, I'm asking for the recipe. Because it is loaded with chunks of potatoes and chicken, no one suspects that it's low in fat. -Carla Reid of Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound potatoes, (about 2 medium), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in the chicken, salt and pepper.
- Combine flour and fat-free milk until smooth; stir into saucepan. Add evaporated milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with parsley and chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken Potato Soup in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p39
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review