- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound potatoes, (about 2 medium), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in the chicken, salt and pepper.
- Combine flour and fat-free milk until smooth; stir into saucepan. Add evaporated milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with parsley and chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Potato Soup
"Love this soup ! I had leftover bacon so I tossed it in also ! Yum ! My 9 year old loved it !"
"Delicious as-is, I might add some carrots next time for color."
"Overall, this is a recipe I would definitely make again. It has a good flavor but I think I will add a bit more veggies and spice to it next time. I like the creamy taste though, vs a broth base."
"Absolutely amazing soup! I used 2 cups half and half instead of milk and evaporated milk. It is to die for. I have added this to my frequent rotation."
"Very easy to make. A cross between cream of chicken soup and cream of potato. I too added a few more potatoes to the pot and used all 1% milk. Definitely a make again recipe."