- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound potatoes, (about 2 medium), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in the chicken, salt and pepper.
- Combine flour and fat-free milk until smooth; stir into saucepan. Add evaporated milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with parsley and chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Potato Soup
Sort By :
"Very easy to make. A cross between cream of chicken soup and cream of potato. I too added a few more potatoes to the pot and used all 1% milk. Definitely a make again recipe."
"I used this recipe as a base. Yummy as is, but I like to spruce it up a bit!"
"I wanted a thick creamy soup so after cooking the potatoes, before adding the chicken, I used an immersion blender to purée about half of the potatoes. It was fantastic with warm biscuits!"
"We added a 1/4 c of slivered almonds and tasted just like Chicken Almond Soup at Sullivans Restuarant in Knoxville, TN. Excellent!!"