Creamy Chicken Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound potatoes, (about 2 medium), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in the chicken, salt and pepper.
- 2. Combine flour and fat-free milk until smooth; stir into saucepan. Add evaporated milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with parsley and chives. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 232 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 646 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.