Creamy Chicken Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound potatoes, (about 2 medium), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in the chicken, salt and pepper.
- Combine flour and fat-free milk until smooth; stir into saucepan. Add evaporated milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with parsley and chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Potato Soup
Sort By :
I used this recipe as a base. Yummy as is, but I like to spruce it up a bit!
I wanted a thick creamy soup so after cooking the potatoes, before adding the chicken, I used an immersion blender to purée about half of the potatoes. It was fantastic with warm biscuits!
We added a 1/4 c of slivered almonds and tasted just like Chicken Almond Soup at Sullivans Restuarant in Knoxville, TN. Excellent!!
I don't understand how people call themselves rating recipes,when they are changing how its made. I followed all the steps from this recipe and it was great as is. My husband always ask me to make this recipe when he's in the mood for soup.
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Soup >