Creamy Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken strips (12 ounces)
- 24 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth. Whisk in the broth, tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, garlic, mustard, basil, nutmeg and cayenne. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Drain noodles. Spread 1/4 cup sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Set aside 1 cup sauce. Stir chicken and tomatoes into the remaining sauce.
- 3. Layer four noodles and half of the chicken mixture in baking dish. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles; spread with reserved sauce. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and paprika.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 9-12 servings.
1 piece: 251 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Lasagna
"I did have a few problems making this recipe, but would make it again because my husband loved it and it is a nice way to use leftover chicken. To me, the sauce never did thicken and was far too thin to use as a filling with the chicken added to it. I placed the required amounts of sauce in the baking pan and reserved for the top. But in order to get the rest of it anywhere near thick enough to use as a filling, I had to add at least 3 more tablespoons of cornstarch.Another thing I did differently was to use uncooked lasagna noodles and bake it for 1 hour 15 minutes, covered with foil, then let stand 15 more minutes before cutting. I hate cooking lasagna noodles and this worked out well. I am trying to avoid wheat so I used the rice lasagna noodles and they worked fine."
"Deliciously different. I use regular-sized tomatoes, thinly sliced, and mozzarella cheese."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.