Creamy Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken strips (12 ounces)
- 24 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth. Whisk in the broth, tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, garlic, mustard, basil, nutmeg and cayenne. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Drain noodles. Spread 1/4 cup sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Set aside 1 cup sauce. Stir chicken and tomatoes into the remaining sauce.
- 3. Layer four noodles and half of the chicken mixture in baking dish. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles; spread with reserved sauce. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and paprika.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 9-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 251 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 437 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.