Creamy Chicken Hot Dish Recipe
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until crisp-tender. Place in a bowl; add the mayonnaise, soup, peas, lemon juice and salt. Stir in chicken and rice.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with potato chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Hot Dish(3)
Sort By :
Not sure if maybe we just aren't that into casseroles or what, but this just didn't have the flavor I expected.. I will admit though that I used Miracle Whip instead of Mayo... so that COULD have been the problem. Not planning on trying this one again though.
Have made this several times for family, we love it. I just don't love the fat content, wish it could be made healthier. I usually use whole grain rice and double all the veggies. I also made with gluten-free cream of mushroom soup for a celiac-disease family member, and they enjoyed it!
Very good, but I would bake it longer to make it warmer. I also tried it with broccoli instead of peas. Delicious!