Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe
Warm up on a snowy eve by enjoying a bowl of this chicken and pasta soup. It's quick to fix and loved by all who try it. —Jaclynn Robinson, Shingletown, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute the onion, carrot, celery and garlic in remaining butter until tender.
- 2. Whisk in flour until blended; gradually stir in the milk, cream, bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Add the gnocchi and spinach; cook for 3-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Add the chicken. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup equals 482 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 527 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC