Creamy Chicken Fettuccine
"Convenient canned soup and process American cheese hurry along the assembly of this creamy sauce loaded with delicious chunks of chicken," assures Melissa Cowser of Greenville, Texas.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained, optional
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine or spaghetti
- Thin breadsticks, optional
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with garlic
- powder, onion powder and pepper. Top with soups. Cover and cook on
- high for 3-4 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the cheese, olives and pimientos if desired. Cover and cook
- until cheese is melted. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to
- package directions; drain. Serve with chicken and breadsticks if
- desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 540 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 1,151 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 39 g protein.