"Convenient canned soup and process American cheese hurry along the assembly of this creamy sauce loaded with delicious chunks of chicken," assures Melissa Cowser of Greenville, Texas.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained, optional
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine or spaghetti
- Thin breadsticks, optional
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. Top with soups. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the cheese, olives and pimientos if desired. Cover and cook until cheese is melted. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Serve with chicken and breadsticks if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken Fettuccine in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p42
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review