- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups diced cooked chicken
- 20 flour tortillas (6 inches), room temperature
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, water, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in chicken.
- Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, milk and chilies; pour over enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Sort By :
"Made 4 extra pans to freeze for later. We went through all but 1 in 2 weeks. They are terrific!"
"My wife's not much of a Mexican food fan, even though it's one of my favorites, but she liked this for a change so that's always a plus. It was pretty easy to make too. All you need is some tortilla chips and homemade salsa to go along with it!"
"This is sooooo good."
"Tastes like a Mexican restaurant right in your home."
"I made it for my Bunco. Everyone loved it!"