My daughter, Lisa Sand, brought 10 pans of these yummy chicken enchiladas to my wedding reception and they were the biggest hit of all the food. So many guests wanted the recipe, we sent it out with our Christmas cards. —Pat Coffee, Kingston, Washington
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups diced cooked chicken
- 20 flour tortillas (6 inches), room temperature
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, water, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in chicken.
- Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, milk and chilies; pour over enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken Enchiladas in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p16
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review