- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups diced cooked chicken
- 20 flour tortillas (6 inches), room temperature
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, water, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in chicken.
- Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, milk and chilies; pour over enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
"This recipe is absolutely delicious!! I made them earlier this week and my grandson loved them, too. Leftovers are even better. Will definitely include this recipe in my favorites. Thank you for posting."
"Restaurant flavor at home! So easy, it's a keeper!"
"Ok, so... I just made an account so I could write a review on these. Yeah... that's how good these are. And that was 2 years ago! Sadly, I haven't made them since then. I made them for my CNA class of about 10 (me being a student) at the end of the course for a little potluck that we had after our clinicals were over. Everyone LOVED them and at least one of those people wasn't too fond of enchiladas. My instructor even took some home for dinner!! I lost the recipe a few weeks after that and am so glad I was able to find it so easily today!! I will be making a pan of these for the office staff at my workplace, a whopping 4 people, and a few friends that I have mentioned these to in the past. I have no doubt that they will be a big hit once again!"
"Made 4 extra pans to freeze for later. We went through all but 1 in 2 weeks. They are terrific!"
"My wife's not much of a Mexican food fan, even though it's one of my favorites, but she liked this for a change so that's always a plus. It was pretty easy to make too. All you need is some tortilla chips and homemade salsa to go along with it!"
"This is sooooo good."
"Tastes like a Mexican restaurant right in your home."
"I made it for my Bunco. Everyone loved it!"
"Family loves it! I add a little spinach to the chicken filling!"