Creamy Chicken Crunch
Whenever I take this salad to church functions and family picnics, I always come home with any empty bowl. And as any cook knows, that's a sure sign of success!
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh pea pods, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (3 ounces) crispy chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir together
- mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken
- mixture. Toss lightly to coat; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Fold in chow mein noodles and peanuts just before serving. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 475 calories, 39 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a