Creamy Chicken Crunch Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh pea pods, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (3 ounces) crispy chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken mixture. Toss lightly to coat; cover and chill until ready to serve. Fold in chow mein noodles and peanuts just before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving equals 475 calories, 39 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.