Whenever I take this salad to church functions and family picnics, I always come home with any empty bowl. And as any cook knows, that's a sure sign of success!
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh pea pods, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (3 ounces) crispy chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken mixture. Toss lightly to coat; cover and chill until ready to serve. Fold in chow mein noodles and peanuts just before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken Crunch in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p13
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Crunch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review