Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2/3 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the broth, potato, corn, garlic, marjoram, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add the chicken; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 343 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 968mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder
"Doubled this recipe and it made 5 servings :) Really creamy and tasty, the herbs were perfect for this soup. I didn't have Velveeta so used shredded cheddar and gouda and it worked fine."
"Made this for dinner tonight - delicious!!!!!! Adding this to my recipe collection for sure!"