Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder
"My 10-year-old son and I devised the recipe for this rich and comforting soup," shares Terrie Sowders of Carthage, Indiana. "Now it's a family favorite."
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2/3 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, potato, corn, garlic,
- marjoram, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually add to vegetable
- mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- slightly thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add
- the chicken; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 343 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 968 mg sodium,