Creamy Chicken Angel Hair Recipe
Our pasta-loving family often requests this recipe featuring chicken and vegetables. Lemon adds a light touch to the sauce, well seasoned with garlic and herbs.
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel hair pasta
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, salt and pepper in 2 tablespoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute carrot in butter and remaining oil for 1 minute. Add onion and celery; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until tender. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute.
- 3. Stir in the cream, bacon, lemon juice and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Return chicken to the pan.
- 4. Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cup equals 859 calories, 50 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 187 mg cholesterol, 666 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 39 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC