I own and operate a restaurant in our town. My customers love meat and potatoes, but occasionally I'll offer a tasty new menu item, like this flavorful chicken.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 each medium green pepper, sweet red pepper and onion, julienned
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter. Set aside; discard drippings. In the same skillet, saute peppers and onion in remaining butter for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms and broccoli; cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Add soup, sour cream, salt, pepper and rosemary; stir to mix. Spread half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add chicken; top with remaining vegetable mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more or until bubbly and chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken and Vegetables in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p69
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken and Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2015
"Very good all in one dinner. Since I like a lot of sauce, I may double the sour cream and cream of broccoli soup the next time that I make this dish."