I own and operate a restaurant in our town. My customers love meat and potatoes, but occasionally I'll offer a tasty new menu item, like this flavorful chicken.
Recommended: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 each medium green pepper, sweet red pepper and onion, julienned
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter. Set aside; discard drippings. In the same skillet, saute peppers and onion in remaining butter for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms and broccoli; cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Add soup, sour cream, salt, pepper and rosemary; stir to mix. Spread half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add chicken; top with remaining vegetable mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more or until bubbly and chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken and Vegetables in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p69
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken and Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review