Creamy Chicken and Thyme Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-12 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked yolk-free noodles, optional
- 1. Place chicken breasts in a large nonstick skillet. Add 1/2 cup of broth. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add remaining broth to skillet and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour and sour cream. Whisk into pan. Stir in the parsley, salt, dill weed, thyme, onion salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Place chicken breasts over hot cooked noodles if desired. Drizzle with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup sauce, calculated without noodles) equals 179 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 569 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken and Thyme
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.