Creamy Chicken and Thyme Recipe
"Thyme gives this simple chicken dish its unique flavor," shares Harriet Johnson from Champlin, Minnesota. "I lightened up the original recipe by using reduced-fat sour cream. My husband loves this, as do friends from my Weight Watchers group."
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-12 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked yolk-free noodles, optional
- 1. Place chicken breasts in a large nonstick skillet. Add 1/2 cup of broth. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add remaining broth to skillet and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour and sour cream. Whisk into pan. Stir in the parsley, salt, dill weed, thyme, onion salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Place chicken breasts over hot cooked noodles if desired. Drizzle with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 179 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 569mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken and Thyme
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC