Creamy Chicken and Pasta Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked Daily Chef Penne Rigate
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add wine or broth and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually add to mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta, chicken, capers, salt and pepper to cream sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken and Pasta(13)
Sort By :
This pasta was so delicious. My husband loved it and he is a very picky eater.
This is one of the few recipes I've tried recently that I can't wait to make again. It was the first time I've had capers, and I'm intrigued by them but haven't decided whether I like them or not. My husband said they added a little "surprise" while you're eating it, which he liked. I added more garlic then called for since we both love garlic, used chicken broth instead of wine, and broccoli in place of mushrooms. I also added extra chicken broth because there didn't seem to be enough. Overall it seems to be a great and versatile recipe.
This recipe was easy, fast and delicious! I didn't use the capers and at the end I added more chicken broth and cream to make it creamier and I added about half of af container of shredded parmesan and mixed it in! My whole family LOVED it!
Since I didn't have heavy cream I just used milk and stirred in 2 oz of leftover cream cheese to make it richer. I added a sprinkle of red pepper flakes near the end when I thought the sauce needed a little punch. Overall, it's an easy 30-minute dinner.
This is a really good recipe - great comfort food! I didn't use the capers because I forgot to put them in but it was great anyways. Good thing to make when you realize you have white wine in your fridge you forgot about and it's too old to drink. Definitely needs more seasonings - I added thyme and rosemary as well as more salt & pepper and also I think lots of the steps in making the sauce could probably be omitted - I think next time I will try just mixing everything together for the sauce and then cooking/simmering for a while.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >