Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Rice Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2-2/3 cups chicken gravy
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and stir; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until bubbly and rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 9 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 305 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Rice Casserole
"I really appreciated how this had a different flavor than the typical "cream of chicken soup casserole." I followed the instructions, but added some cheddar cheese to the top after I took the cover off. Delicious. It definitely took me longer than 20 minutes to prepare, but I'm a slow cook."
"Haven't made, but plan to do so. I will elimate the olives and add mixed vegetables instead. Maybe a small amount of shredded cheese on top."
"I have not tried it yet but it looks good. I could see making it without the rice then cook either rice, butter noodles or mashed potatoes on the side and add this on top. I'm not a big olive fan so mixed veggies would be a good add."
"Very delicious!!! I did not put mushrooms in because i don't like them, also only put 2 cups of chicken in & no parsley flakes. Turned out wonderful!"
"I made this , would not again. No flavor kind of blaned its missing something."
"I used the healthy Request soup and fat free sour cream. I also substituted frozen mixed veggies for the olives. It was super good! My husband and toddler loved it as well."
"Cut amounts in half, used low fat, low sodium soup and light sour cream. It was delicious!"
"I cut recipe in half, used an 8x8 baking dish; it was delicious. Got raves from my family. Will definitely fix again. Gave copies to my sister and friends also."