Gravy, chicken soup and sour cream make this rich and hearty dish one you’ll want to curl up with. Be prepared to make it often, as it fills ’em up fast and tastes fantastic! Nancy Foust - Stoneboro, PA
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2-2/3 cups chicken gravy
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and stir; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until bubbly and rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken-Rice Casserole in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p51
Reviews for Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Rice Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review