Creamy Chicken and Carrots Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound fresh baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Place chicken in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Top with carrots, soup and mushrooms. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-sodium soup and 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms; calculated without rice) equals 320 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 713 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken and Carrots
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.