Mushroom soup makes a creamy gravy for this tender chicken. “You can also make this with other vegetables, or serve it over thick-sliced potatoes instead of rice,” suggests Valma O’Neill of Utica, Michigan.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound fresh baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place chicken in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Top with carrots, soup and mushrooms. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken and Carrots in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p18
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken and Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review