Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Recipe
My gang likes the taste of chicken cordon bleu, but I don't like the time required to make it. This skillet sensation, with the addition of broccoli, gives my family the flavors they crave with only a fraction of the work.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in butter until meat is no longer pink.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, wine or broth, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add to the chicken mixture.
- 3. Stir in the ham, broccoli and bacon; cover and cook until heated through. Serve with pasta; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC