- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in butter until meat is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, wine or broth, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add to the chicken mixture.
- Stir in the ham, broccoli and bacon; cover and cook until heated through. Serve with pasta; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken and Broccoli
"Tasty quick easy= Great dish! I'm not good at trying new recipes, but my husband found this and tried it. We only had creamy chicken mushroom soup and used it but it was still great! Also, he put cooked ridged elbows into the skillet at the end, stirred the cheese in too and served it that way. I LOVE chicken cordon bleu, but hate making it. Glad he found this!"
"This was very good!!!"