Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in butter until meat is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, wine or broth, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add to the chicken mixture.
- Stir in the ham, broccoli and bacon; cover and cook until heated through. Serve with pasta; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken and Broccoli in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken and Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2013
This was very good!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >