Bacon and canned cream of Mushroom soup dress up tender chicken in Jane Thocher's recipe. "I relied on this dish often when our children lived at home," recalls the Hart, Michigan reader. "Since it cooked while I was at work, the only thing left to do was prepare noodles and fix a salad."
Recommended: 23 Things to Make with Leftover Corned Beef
- 6 bacon strips
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) thinly sliced dried beef
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a skillet, partially cook bacon over medium heat. Drain on paper towels. Place beef in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Fold chicken pieces in half and wrap a bacon strip around each; place over the beef.
- Combine the flour, soup and sour cream until blended; spread over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken and Beef in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken and Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review