"This was my favorite dish when I was growing up," relates Renee Leetch of Canton, Ohio. "Now I appreciate it even more because it's fast, easy and nutritious. Served with biscuits and a salad, it's a hearty meal."
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook rice in water according to package directions. add the remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken 'n' Rice in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p11
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken 'n' Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review