- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook rice in water according to package directions. add the remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken 'n' Rice
Sort By :
Girrrlll! What a lifesaver! I forgot to take anything out of the freezer and literally had about 2 hours to come up with something for dinner. This was a perfect solution with homemade buttermilk biscuits and fresh snap beans on the side. My grand kids totally wiped it out. My husband asked if there was enough for him to take to work the next day. There wasn't!! Many, many thanks, Renee. TOH manages to find the best cooks and your recipe is a definite keeper!