- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Combine the salad dressing, wine, 4 tablespoons butter, onion, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours. Skim fat. Combine the soup, cream cheese and 2 cups of liquid from slow cooker in a small bowl until blended; add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook 45 minutes longer or until chicken is tender, adding the broccoli during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to pan. Mash potatoes with the remaining butter, salt and pepper. Serve with chicken and broccoli mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken & Broccoli Stew
"This is some serious complete meal in a bowl comfort food! Great flavor even using reduced fat products. I cooked my chicken for about 4 hours, removed it when I added soup mixture and broccoli, then removed the bones and tore it into pieces after the broccoli was done cooking and added it back into the pot to serve."
"I love this recipe, my roommate and I eat it at least once a month"
"I liked this recipe, and my husband said it was one of his favorites! I made it with chicken breast tenderloins, and used 2-10oz pkgs of broccoli. I did use a little less Italian Seasoning than it called for as a personal preference. Easy and good! Will make again."
"Ahhhh, yet another chicken/Broccoli dish. We love this. I use white potatoes instead of red, and fresh broccoli crowns. Oh YUM!"
"Easy to make, inexpenstive. Substitued low fat/low calorie items and still had terrific flavor. Used 3 cups brocolli."
"too rich for our tastes"
"Made this for dinner and the whole family enjoyed it, the husband approved and the 2 year old asked for more! Will def. make again."
"I thought it was just ok. My kids didn't like it. It was relatively simple and smelled good while cooking."