- eggs, sugar and vanilla; beat just until smooth. Pour into prepared
- crust. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 15
- minutes. Increase temperature to 450°.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream topping ingredients. Spread over
- filling. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool at room temperature; cover and
- chill 12 hours.
- For cherry topping, drain cherries, reserving juice. Set cherries
- aside. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cherry
- juice until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes
- or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice, food
- coloring and reserved cherries. Cool for 5 minutes. Spread over
- cheesecake; chill several hours. Just before serving, remove sides
- of pan. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 408 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.