Rich and creamy these grits make a great side dish for a Southern-style meal. I make these at my annual Kentucky Derby party.—Kristin Arnett, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, milk and salt to a boil. Gradually whisk in grits. Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until grits become thick, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the cheeses, white pepper, cayenne and nutmeg if desired. Serve hot. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Cheesy Grits in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p184
Reviews for Creamy Cheesy Grits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review