- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, milk and salt to a boil. Gradually whisk in grits. Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until grits become thick, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the cheeses, white pepper, cayenne and nutmeg if desired. Serve hot. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Cheesy Grits in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p184
Reviews for Creamy Cheesy Grits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2011
"I recommend making this without the nutmeg."
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2011
"I didn't need to cook the grits the whole 25 minutes, just until they got thick. I also only used the cheddar cheese. This was my first time making grits, and we were very pleased with the results."