With a very rich, creamy cheesecake filling over a thick nutty crust, it's not difficult to figure out why people love Becky Stone's bars so much! They come from her kitchen in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the flour, walnuts and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 2/3 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla just until blended. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cheesecake Bars in Light & Tasty
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Cheesecake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review