- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the flour, walnuts and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 2/3 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla just until blended. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Cheesecake Bars
Sort By :
Delicious FROM the beginning, NOW, Speatalular!(?) Thanks, Becky!! Sleeper
I was in the mood for cheesecake and had Girl Scout thin mint cookies that wanted to be involved. I also have a son with a nut allergy. I substituted the 1/2 c. nuts with 1/2 c. chopped thin mint cookies and the 1 T. lemon juice with 1 T. chocolate syrup. The Thin Mint Cheesecake Bars are cool, refreshing and hit the cheesecake yen I had.