Creamy Cheese Rice Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the water, rice and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and parsley if desired. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir until blended. Yield: 2 servings.
2/3 cup: 216 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 466mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Creamy Cheese Rice
"My husband, who hates rice, couldn't stop eating this. I've used instant rice also with good results."