Creamy Cheese Rice
THE best part about this recipe is that it's great both hot or cold. It's a dish I make often since cheese and rice are staples in my pantry and because it travels well, I like to take it to a picnic or a barbecue.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, rice and salt to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed
- and rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and parsley if desired. Cover
- and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir until
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 216 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 466 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.