Creamy Cheese Rice Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the water, rice and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and parsley if desired. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir until blended. Yield: 2 servings.
2/3 cup: 216 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 466mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Cheese Rice
"My husband, who hates rice, couldn't stop eating this. I've used instant rice also with good results."