Creamy Cheese Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (7.6 ounces) roasted garlic instant mashed potatoes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large saucepan, bring water and milk to a rolling boil. Remove from the heat. Add the contents of both envelopes from the potato package. Let stand for 1 minute; whip with a fork.
- Place the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and heat at 70% power for 30 seconds or until softened. Stir into the potatoes.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Sort By :
"Yes, the real thing does taste better BUT when the schedule is tight, this makes dry potatoes taste something other than bad. I agree with the other posts, I'm giving it higher stars because it is better than one star. Those are way too harsh and they obviously didn't try it first. It's a dry potato recipe - get over it."
"For a QUICK, easy and yummy recipe, this is tops. This is great for days you don't have to spend on making mashed potatoes. Very close to homemade without all the fuss. I'm shocked at the low ratings the food snobs gave without even giving the recipe a try. Of course homemade is better, but when you're having a busy day, these are perfect. Shame on those people low rating without trying it."
"Since this recipe was first published in the "Quick Cooking" magazine, perhaps quickness and convenience should be taken into consideration before judging a dish without actually making it. And not all cooks are women (or ladies)! My husband actually makes this for himself and for his camping buddies on fishing trips in a camping trailer where quickness and convenience are important to him. He says no one has ever complained about the recipe being made from instant potatoes -- they just chow down! I've eaten it myself and don't find it half bad. So I'll give it a 5-star rating for what it actually is and to even out the low ratings a bit."
"I will try not to be as harsh a others have. I too would not think of using instant potatos....however we must remember, not all ladies these days can cook or even like too. Thank heavens I do!"
"The questions is "Would you make this recipe again?" I wouldn't even attempt to make this recipe -- why would you used a "boxed" potato when fresh is soooooo much better?!?"