Creamy Cheese Mashed Potatoes
From Lookout Mountain, Georgia, Debbie Pataky easily turns garlic-seasoned instant mashed potatoes into a comforting casserole that will earn raves. She stirs in cream cheese before topping the dish with shredded cheddar cheese and broiling it until melted.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (7.6 ounces) roasted garlic instant mashed potatoes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large saucepan, bring water and milk to a rolling boil. Remove
- from the heat. Add the contents of both envelopes from the potato
- package. Let stand for 1 minute; whip with a fork.
- Place the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and heat at
- 70% power for 30 seconds or until softened. Stir into the potatoes.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil
- 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 301 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.