From Lookout Mountain, Georgia, Debbie Pataky easily turns garlic-seasoned instant mashed potatoes into a comforting casserole that will earn raves. She stirs in cream cheese before topping the dish with shredded cheddar cheese and broiling it until melted.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (7.6 ounces) roasted garlic instant mashed potatoes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large saucepan, bring water and milk to a rolling boil. Remove from the heat. Add the contents of both envelopes from the potato package. Let stand for 1 minute; whip with a fork.
- Place the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and heat at 70% power for 30 seconds or until softened. Stir into the potatoes.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Mashed Potatoes in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p8
Reviews for Creamy Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review